viernes, 29 de agosto de 2014

Word order in English matters.
It is really important to achieve a communicative and clear message.
Here you have some tips



  1. sentence word order:
      subject + verb + complements

  1. complements order: what + where + when+ others (like the agent subject in passive sentences)
  1. We can have adverbs at the end, at the beginning and in the middle of the sentence. The general rule is:

    • adverbs of time or place may go at the beginning of the sentence with a coma. For example: Yesterday, I arrived late to my English class. There, I found my bag.
    • adverbs of frequency and degree may go just before the verb, or in the middle of the verb if the form is a composed one. For instance: I usually go to sleep late or I just had a few mistakes in the exam.
    • adverbs of manner may go at the end of the sentence. If we have more than one kind of adverbs at the end of the sentence, the order is : manner+ place+ time. For example: I did my exam quickly or My mum cooked the cake beautifully at home yesterday.











0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario